Toulouse – A Fairy Land Does Exist After All!

There are some out of ordinary places that people talked about on the other side of the world, a place that people divulge to each other with wonderful affection, a place that people uncover the charm of its town, villages and cherish its olden times.  Yes!  This is Toulouse. Toulouse is located on the brink of Pyrennes mountain range in Southern France.  With three million inhabitants, Pyrennes is the largest region (which made up of eight counties) in France and the home of 30 ski resorts and 30 golf courses.  Toulouse is about 600kms from the capital, Paris. 
Approaching Toulouse... and I had a strong feeling
that I am going to love this place!
Just like every ocean that has its own color and personality, every mountain range has its tale too!  And the tale of Pyrennes goes like:  once upon a time, there was a beautiful girl named PyrennesPyrennes fell madly in love with Herakles.  When she found out that she was pregnant and to hide from her father’s fury she ran away to the mountain range.   Alas, was killed by a bear.  Herakles went and searched for her, but it was too late.  Herakles then laid her to rest in the depth of the mountain range and pronounced, “For your memory to live forever, gentle Pyrennes, these mountains where you sleep will henceforth be called Pyrennes”.  Aishh! Another bedtime story huh :)   Anyway, I have no doubt that Pyrennes mountain range still keeps many more of its mysteries that yet to be revealed.
Pyrennes reminds me of  'Snow White And The Seven Dwafts'!
Pyrennes reminds me of  'Alice In Wonderland' ...
Pyrennes reminds me of  'The Little Red Riding Hood' ...
We came around a little town called 'Ariege Pyrennes' at the
foothill of Pyrennes for some souvenirs.
And! that was where for the first time I came across
the truly French accent 'character' being spoken!
It was so captivating!  Hence! I must say that now I
realized from where and how the word 'charming' started off ... :))
The capital of Pyrennes, Toulouse, is popularly known as a ‘sleeping beauty’ city.  This city of heritage is welcoming, easy to get on with and has a trail of strong ethics of beauty and genuine.  People are polite, friendly and respectful.  I had a great time strolling the town center with everywhere I saw was big smiles even though language was the barrier.  English is spoken here, but not extensively and hey, it is absolutely okay with me when they smile always put me at ease!   
Toulouse is the second largest multinational city in France.  Toulouse has a blend of old and new amazing achievement through decades and centuries.  Toulouse can be proud of its historic culture, stunning countryside and at the same time with its important technology future…
Welcome to Toulouse City Center.
"Bonjour, Madame!" - Truly ... truly music to my ears!
Toulouse is also known as 'Ville Rose' or 'Pink City'
because of the pink buildings all over
Just go along with your 'desire' to enjoy Toulouse.  By tram ...
... or by bicycle.  But the best is on foot!
I hate exercise (even brisk walk) but walking here ...
hari hari pun tak per! ha-ha!
This is 'Le Capitole de Toulouse'.  Built in the 17th century
and has been the center of the city council and theatre
Interesting ceiling, along Le Capitole passageway
Le Capitole area is a huge rectangular, square enveloped by
cafes, restaurants and boutiques.
This center runs on market day every Wednesday.
Here you can come across people of all cultures
- selling of books too... 
... to these vintage cars!
I enjoyed the personality and charisma of the many historic
buildings within the old quarter 
The one thing that I like most while 'roaming' the city was the
smell of the sweet aroma of freshly baked croissants and
breads I breathe in along the pathways!
Now you tell me - how can I not keep on falling in love with this place?
- The other side of the ‘love is in the air’
Under the ‘sleeping beauty facade’ however, I am startled with the ‘joie de vivre’ (enthusiasm) and energy revealed by this place.  France is very proud of Toulouse.  Really?  Really!  Merit to its outstanding science, technology, Toulouse has become a city of intelligent, research center of innovation and the hub of aeronautics and space industry!  Today, Toulouse University is one of the best 50 universities in the world that can put up 90,000 students and 10,000 researchers under the exchange policy.
Our trip to Toulouse became more fruitful when a surprise was arranged to visit the Airbus headquarters at BlagnacBlagnac, the world aeronautics center and plane manufacturer is actually about 15 minutes from where we were staying.  Since it was ‘born’ in 1917, this site has designed, improved and produced ‘generation after generation’ of planes such as Airbus and local aircrafts.
Sorry (lah eh)!  No camera allowed.  But what can be described on this visit - it was exactly like watching the Discovery Channel.  Serious!  The assembly lines of an Airbus from the bolts and nuts to fixing the wings, the seats, from zero right to how this ‘giant of the air’ turned out to be was really awesome!  The only thing I missed was the delivery part. 
People say that if you socialized with a ‘bunch’ of intellectuals, you will be one of them.  Owh! In my case, I am not sure about me being an intellectual, but the skills and knowledge they shared made me ‘feeling’ smart at least! He-he… Merci! Merci beaucoup!
Toulouse is also where France world class rugby team was 'produced'.
The 'verification' of their victories can be seen everywhere at the
place we stayed.  Geez! I didn't get a chance to have a glimpse of
the hunks, though! Ahaks!
p/s ... I love our room where ... I can just sit here by doing n-o-t-h-i-n-g and
Feeling the f-u-l-f-i-l-l-i-n-g end of the day!
I like to say that Toulouse is a place that deeply clings to passionate sensation.  I am glad that I can still appreciate the excitement when I was there, I am glad that I can still appreciate the abundance of its beautiful landscapes, I am glad that I can still appreciate the riches of history, French architectural style and the accent.  Most of all
... in this harsh reality, I am truly glad that there are still people believe that love is the greatest ‘tonic’ in life and that makes me want to believe that life is indeed cotton candy clouds and deep blue skies What I am saying is... Let's not put prices on things that are priceless…..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Madinah Al Munawwarah – Penghayatan Terindah

Dubai – Are You Thinking What I Am Thinking?